NEWSLETTER ARCHIVE

20
Jan

Is “Common Core Thinking” Killing Your Productivity?: Tuesday Morning Memo Jan 6 2015

I wrote in the last issue about my concerns with the Common Core curriculum being implemented throughout public education.Will students be learning the rules of critical thinking or learning to think critically? You might wonder the same thing about your business. Have your people been conditioned to do exactly what they’re told or think things through when the task and

Read more

20
Jan

How to Think Critically or Thinking Critically?: Tuesday Morning Memo Dec 2 2014

I have wondered with increasing concern about the Common Core curriculum being implemented across the US. We are living in an environment where measurement seems to outweigh effectiveness. In other words, will schools be teaching students how to think critically rather than compelling them to think critically? The difference between these two is vast. One requires memorization, the other synthesis.

Read more

20
Jan

Multi-tasking Still Doesn’t Work: Tuesday Morning Memo Nov 17 2014

Two high school students have released a study involving 400 of their peers which indicates that 15% of teenagers can successfully multi-task. But even if this true, that still means that the remaining 85% need to concentrate on one task at a time to perform well. Please follow and like us: